A day to remember or forget ?


I got up today with a smile across my face, as i remembered the red letter day.
Nostalgic was right away, I knew i faced a lot of sway.
It was a beautiful evening filled with flambe, god had written the play.

Seis companions in cosplay, didnt know that it was a doomsday.
Tres in a hatchback, tres in a sedan, I jammed my foot on the freeway.
Steering the wheel was child's play, little did i know i would face risque.

A curve lay hidden on the speedway, my car swerved into the corner like a prey,
the stock tyres burst, shocks blew out, the chariot went into a utter dismay,
Everthing came to a standstill, death just kissed us and said 'not today'.

Rehman in the background, i opened the doors quickly, a wave of shock had stuck me.
the almighty had intervened, the car had stuck a mudpile off road and stopped.
I thank the creator for saving my companions and me from a dreadful display.

I got up today a smile across my face, as i remembered the red letter day.

Comments

  1. Wow Mukunda! You have been creative with your word choice. Great imagination!!! Way to go ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashish bro for those kind words.

      Delete
  2. Awesome bro... Very nicely put and my favorite was death just kissed and said not today.. I mean you are damn good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ghat Escapade

Paradise: A hope or despair?