Ghat Escapade

The road to Bangalore was 330 km from my sweet home.I had reloaded my mind with the pothole map of the highway. My ride was the majestic mean super sport  KTM Rc 200 lovingly called Ghost, not meant for touring, but hey who cares about that as long one can go from point A to point B and enjoy.

 I mean today I was on my own, silent.The panic button wasn't pressed. I was not under any pressure, my mind knew what exactly to do.Chanting under my breath, though my earphones whistled music into my ears, I was there, yet wasn't. Till the screen read battery low.

The screen had read battery low before the shiradi ghat, that means I had 70km of wilderness ahead of me till I reach sakleshpur.

Sakleshpur arrived, my cold fingers frozen through the tattered gloves. My joy knew new bounds. I had surpassed the deadly ghat with the worst roads, and lo what did I do? Darn! I let out my joy on the kill switch of the bike turning joy into sorrow.
I turned the ignition on chugging my bike into reboot. The ghost didn't respond, my mind was running helter skelter. I called my mother not for help but for courage, not far away , a youngster like me was zipping on his motorcycle, I waved at him, he stopped.

All he could help was advice which didn't work as I needed either jumpstart cables or push start, the latter being manual labor.

Pushing my bike for 100 meters didn't help, as my bike wasn't ready to get up from the sudden slumber, the boy left. Lost in my thoughts, I started to push the bike towards no where.

1 km into my catastrophe, I encountered a stout man, leaking his way into the nature, I shouted for help. He obligingly pushed my bike till I gained 15 km/per hour. As I released the clutch, my heart and  my bike pumped relief. I thanked the gentleman and grooved my way into the curves of Malnadu.


I cannot be grateful enough to God once again for igniting my faith in him time and again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day to remember or forget ?

Paradise: A hope or despair?